It’s here once again. The only holiday universally acknowledged across the internet. Websites from Google to Electronic Arts to that guy’s weird blog you visit every day post fake news, pranks, website redesigns, and other chunks of shenanigans. And I love combing through it all. Here’s my yearly, ongoing roundup of some of the coolest April Fools’ pranks on the web.
* Blizzard announces several new games, including Blackthorne 2: Thorne Harder (pictured below).
* Diablo III X-Treme Gamer Blanket
* ThinkGeek goes crazy with several “new” products, including a Dharma Initiative Alarm Clock.
* 4ColorRebellion redesigns its site. Hello, 1995!
* HTML5 to feature NSFW element.
* Some YouTube videos are available in TEXTp resolution, replacing everything with colored letters.
* AmazingSuperpowers webcomic ditches visuals, introduces audio comics.
* Lifehacker rounds up a few bonus pranks, while NeoGAF tracks even more. Joystiq is posting throughout the day with gems such as Civilization 5′s “Extreme Diplomacy” feature.